Saturday 20 June 2015

Oher says Sandra movie wrecked his NFL career

DM
California
Carolina Panthers tackle Michael Oher is blaming the blockbuster hit movie about his life for his less-than-stellar NFL career. Most will name Oher recognition of the 2009 critically acclaimed film The Blind Side, which is the story of how it used to be homeless teen was taken in by a wealthy Memphis, Tennessee family WHO introduced him to football Told - a sport which not only helped him to go to college, but landed him a career in the NFL as a first-round draft pick.
However, since the release of the film, has plummeted career Oher and there-are cut from two different teams in the past six years. While at training camp with his current team, the Carolina Panthers on Wednesday, Oher was involved in a fight with defensive end Kony Ealy. When asked if the fight has something to do with proving its value after the back-to-back seasons Wrestling, Oher pinned his problems on the film. "I'm not trying to prove anything," Oher Told ESPN. "People look at me, and they take things away from me by a film. They do not really see the skills and the kind of player I am. That's why I get so much degraded as a result of something outside the field.
"This stuff, call me a bust, people say if I can play or not, that has nothing to do with football. It's something different off the field. That's why I do not like that movie. "
Oher It went on to say in his position players are often overlooked, but because I film an ongoing basis. "Nobody pays attention to the offensive line. But me? I'm looking for anything. I know what kind of player I am. I know that everyone knows what kind of player I am. So that kind of thing does not worry me, "Oher Said. Sandra Bullock won an Oscar and Golden Golden Award for its role Oher's adoptive mother Leigh Anne Tuohy in the 2009 film, which grossed more than $ 300 million at the box office.
Growing up, Oher Moved from foster home to foster home, sometimes stay with friends, due to the inattention of his mother, who struggled with Crack cocaine addition. It was while staying with a knowledge that I have applied to enroll at private Briarcrest Christian School, where the football coach saw potential in Oher. Ms Tuohy and her husband Sean, fast food franchise owners, met Oher by their youngest daughter and son attended the same school.
They took their Oher in the house in 2004, after realizing his predicament, and eventually NEXT him as their. Oher went on a football scholarship land to Ole Miss, the Tuohys' alma mater, where I deal with All-American playing left.

In 2009, the same year that The Blind Side was released, Oher signed with the Baltimore Ravens as the 23th overall pick.
While the 6-foot-5, 309 pounds, offensive lineman helped the Ravens to Super Bowl victory in 2012 I was cut from the team in the season 2013. From there, I went on to a four-year $ 20 million contract to negotiate with the Tennessee Titans, but was released because of a toe injury after just 11 games.
Currently Oher played left tackle for the Panthers to a 2-year, $ 7million deal and coach Ron Rivera has high hopes that I will start for the team in the fall, DESPITE this week altercation on the field. "Kony is a young guy who is learning and trying to learn how to go," Rivera said of the fight. "Michael is a veteran guy. It's kind of the older young bear poking the bear.
'I was disappointed. The heat, fatigue or what have you, there is no place for fighting. Both guys I talked to privately and made sure they understood how I felt about it. ''

No comments:

Post a Comment